Wednesday, September 13, 2006

iTunes Store CoverFlow conspiracy...

I updated iTunes and Quicktime today. So far I'm really pleased with the iTunes update. But, I wonder what Apple do with all that data they collect from the users that have an active iTunes store account.

Let's face it, both me and you have music on our systems that is not "legal". So, let's say that I have an iTunes Store account (which I don't, I refuse to purchase music that has any form of DRM protection), and iTunes download that cover for that specific track, album or movie etc. Well, what will Apple do with all that data they generate? Consider this scenario:

Your authenticated computer downloads through your iTunes account a cover for an album which you have downloaded "not legally", and then somtime later RIAA "asks" Apple to turn over all the data for the cover downloads. If you have been caught in their "legal" pursuit of shared music downloading net users, they now have another piece of juicy evidence against you.

If I were you and if I were living in the US, I'd see to it that I wouldn't use iTunes as my primary digital media centre, and I'd also get in touch with those that protect your privacy and freedom on the net, to try and get Apple to tell what they will do with this generated data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home