Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A new Mac...

I've really been seriously considering buying a new Mini, a Duo Core 1.66, but I think I will wait until Apple releases Leopard, then I will get a new Mac. What I'm getting instead is a V7 19" Widescreen LCD monitor (L19WA) and more system memory (a 1GB stick). Now you might wonder why I don't get myself a new iMac instead? Well, I will tell you why.

I've really considered my reasons for not buying an iMac, and they are:
  1. It is not possible to connect any other computers to it, which means I cannot use my PC with it. And no, I'd totally refuse to install Windows onto it. It would be great to be able to connect other computers to it and only use the screen for that.
  2. Leopard hasn't been released yet.
  3. I will not be able to connect my future Xbox360 to it. (Yes yes, it's a MS product, but hey, it's a great product and it will be better when they release the second generation of it which will have a cooler running CPU in it).
  4. If the screen gets broken, my computer is dead if the warranty is not available anymore.
No, so an iMac is not a good option if you are looking for a new for a Mac in my eyes. A Mini or a Mac Pro is a better choice, there you can decide which monitor to use and when to replace it. It's also more easily to upgrade those systems. The Mini can be a handful, but if you know what you are doing, then it will not be a problem at all. Besides, the coolness factor for the Mini is greater than the iMac too, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home